The Third Sector Conference, hosted by The Ayrshire Community Trust and Arran CVS as the partners for the TSI North Ayrshire, took place on Thursday 30th March 2016, 10am – 2pm, in the Argyle Community Centre, Saltcoats.
The Conference began with the Leader of North Ayrshire Council, Joe Cullinane welcoming everyone and acknowledging the great work that happens throughout the 3rd Sector here in North Ayrshire. Delegates then had the opportunity to network with each other and browse the wide range of Stall Holders in attendance. Throughout the day the delegates were encouraged to attend the varied Presentations that also took place. This enabled delegates to find out more about a range of providers and also partake in a question and answering session. We were also fortunate to have various local and national Funders in attendance to offer advice, guidance and support about a range of funding streams that may have been of interest to the delegates attending.
We would like to thank everyone who attended the Conference and provided feedback for future delivery. All suggestions will be taken on board before arranging our next Event.
TSI North Ayrshire would like to acknowledge significant contributions made to this event by the following Stall Holders, Presenters, Funders and our Venue hosts:
- Patient Opinion
- Food Train
- Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland
- Little Box of Distractions
- Scottish Health Council
- Ayrshire Independent Living Network
- Fire Service
- Epilepsy Connections
- Home Energy Scotland
- Unity Enterprise
- Just Jordan
- Hearing Loss
- Breastfeeding Network
- Project Kilbirnie
- Your Options Understood
- North Ayrshire Federation of Council Organisations
- Fibro Friends United
- CLD Standards Council
- The Ayrshire Community Trust
- Community Led Action and Support Project (CLASP)
- NAC Housing Services
- North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS)
- Recovery at Work (RAW)
- Community Planning Partnership (CPP)
Kerry Elliott – Little Box of Distractions
Sara Jackson – Grameen in the UK
Ann Wilson – The Ayrshire Community Trust (Volunteer Friendly Award)
Robert Killeen – Tesco Irvine Store
Cheryl Newall – Positive Steps with Partners
Steph McCutcheon – Recovery at Work
Big Lottery Fund
The Robertson Trust
North Ayrshire Council
North Ayrshire Ventures Trust
Green Space Scotland (Disperse Tesco Carrier Bag Fund)
Argyle Community Centre
Below is the feedback received from the delegates who attended the Conference:
|1. 85% of delegates strongly agreed or agreed that the Conference met their expectations.
|2. 89% of delegates strongly agreed or agreed that the content was organised and easy to understand.
|3. 100% of delegates strongly agreed or agreed that the materials distributed were pertinent and useful.
|4. 90% of delegates strongly agreed or agreed that the presenters were knowledgeable.
|5. 93% of delegates said adequate time was provided for questions and discussion.
6. 92% of delegates rate the Conference as an Excellent or Good Event.
7. 100% of delegates said YES they would be interested in attending similar Events.
What could be improved for future events:
- “Short, initial presentations from the Funders to give an overview of Programmes and then participants can choose who to get more / individual information from.”
- “Larger Venue.”
- “Better venue, wider spread of services and change to structure.”
- “More space in the hall where stallholders were exhibiting to allow us to move around and network easier.”
- “Have more Funders or have the networking part and funders in the same room, assuming there is a larger room.”
What other events and topics would you like to see arranged in the future:
- “Repeat of format with different organisations attending.”
- “Business Support.”
- “Same format will work, more of organising who can assist 3rd Sector.”
- “More events to meet other people from other organisations.”
- “A similar Event but as a roadshow that is open to the public and taken to the towns of the stallholders to show the residents what is available in North Ayrshire.”
- “Networks involving organisations that deals with self-employment.”
- “Partnership / Networking Events.”
Any other comments:
- “Excellent Event – great opportunity to network locally which as a representative of a national organisation isn’t always easy to do! Thanks for organising and would be keen to attend in the future.”
- “Had a great time. Very informative and catering was wonderful!”
- “Great event. Very informative and the soup was lush.”
- “Other than being too cramped for stall holders it was a great informative day.”
- “Was perfect platform to meet other services and projects, got some new contacts so was worthwhile attending also liked the Presentations, Tesco one was very good.”
- “Great Event, really well organised and enjoyable.”
- “It would be good to have a delegate pack with publicity materials from all organisations represented on the day. The refreshments and fruit / cakes were much appreciates. Thank you!”